(1) All applicable prices are valid inclusive of VAT and are indicated on the Service before the start of the charging process, before a charging key is ordered or before any other transaction is initiated. Prices may be displayed as fees per kWh of consumed energy, parking fees for time of parking at the charging station, charging session starting fees and fees for time of charging (not available in Germany and in any other country where such pricing is not allowed due to applicable local legislation. You acknowledge that the final and payable price of the charging service is directly dependent on your use, for example on the amount of consumed energy, and is, therefore, not always automatically provided before the start of the charging process.
(2) The use of the Service is subject to a monthly fee invoiced directly from you. The monthly fee starts applying from the date when your VIN number has been validated for the first time (validation generates an automated email). The monthly fee is 1€ inclusive of VAT.
(3) The monthly fee is not invoiced for the following duration:
(a) 3 years (36 months) from the VIN number validation date: applies to all owners of Leaf MY19 models and beyond. This are models with a VIN number which includes “ZE1” and ending with number superior to 59473
(b) 1 year (12 months) from the VIN number validation date: applies to all owners of previous generations of Nissan Leaf (prior to model year 2019). This are all models either with a VIN number which includes “ZE0” or with a VIN number which includes “ZE1” and ends with a number inferior to 59472.
(4) The period of gratuity will apply from the first date of validation of the VIN until the corresponding period of gratuity is fully exhausted. The gratuity which applies to a particular VIN number can only apply to one user account.
This offer is on a limited time basis, Nissan and Plugsurfing reserve the right to terminate this offer, which will be reflected by mean of updating the present document with the new conditions.
4. Your Obligations
(1) You shall use the charging station correctly and in accordance with the provided instructions and ensure that the charging station is suitable for the vehicle to be charged. Further, you shall not use charging stations that show an error message or visible defects or damages.
(2) It is your responsibility to ensure that the registered payment card is valid, that it has a sufficient balance and is not blocked. In the event that debiting is not possible, Plugsurfing reserves the right to temporarily suspend your access to the Service or part of it until the overdue balance is fully paid. Plugsurfing has the right to seek payment from you by other means, such as by sending a separate invoice for your use of the Service.
(3) Upon registering you shall provide your email address and a chosen password for logging into your Nissan Charge account. You must take due care to protect your password against misuse by others and promptly notify Plugsurfing about any detected misuse. You are responsible for keeping the password secure, for not writing the password down so that third parties can understand what it is used for, and for not using the password in any other way that allows others to gain access to the information.
(4) You are responsible for complying with the specific parking restrictions and regulations at the charging station (such as, for example, the written instructions shown at the charging station or the instructions given by the personnel of the charging station operators).
(5) The electric vehicle that is charged at a charging station and the tools to be provided by you (including, for example, any power converters, adapters or cables), shall be fit for their purpose, compatible for the connection with the charging station and satisfy the applicable legal provisions. Plugsurfing is not liable towards you in case the defect or damage is caused by a defect in the electric vehicle and/or the used tools, except when such liability arises directly from negligence, gross negligence or willful misconduct of Plugsurfing or its legal representatives or vicarious agents.
(6) You understand and acknowledge that the Nissan Charge service should only be used to charge Nissan Electric Vehicles.
5. Charging Stations
(1) You can start a charging process at the charging stations that are available through the Service by using a mobile application or a charging key, or by scanning a QR code available at the charging station. The availability of charging stations is subject to change.
(2) Charging stations that are available through the Service are operated by charging station operators who are responsible for (i) ensuring the operation and maintenance of their charging stations; and (ii) providing accurate information in respect of their charging stations. Plugsurfing cannot guarantee the functionality or availability of the charging stations or the accuracy of such information. Plugsurfing will, however, act with due care in compiling and showing the relevant information about the charging stations in the Service.
(3) The payment function of the application, as well as the charging key, operates only within the Plugsurfing network.
6. Billing and Payment
(1) The billing of the charging processes activated within a calendar month takes place at the beginning of the following month. The invoiced amount is immediately due for payment. If available, you may be able choose to be billed per each individual charging process directly after it has been completed.
(2) Plugsurfing sends invoices to you by email. All already issued invoices are also accessible in your user account within the Service.
(3) You can obtain information regarding standing balance from the current month that has not yet been invoiced by logging into your account.
7. Notification Obligations
(1) You are obligated to immediately notify Plugsurfing if you believe that your account or the charging key has been used by an unauthorized person or in an unauthorized manner.
(2) In the event of the loss of your charging key or the mobile phone on which the application operated by Plugsurfing has been installed, you shall immediately notify Plugsurfing. If you do not give such notification and the charging key or the mobile phone in question remains in illegitimate use, Plugsurfing reserves the right to claim incurred losses as a damage from you in accordance with statutory law. For the sake of clarity, this clause does not constitute additional claims for damages against you as a consumer, but only reserves the right to claim damages under statutory law.
(3) Plugsurfing will block the charging key following receipt of notification of its loss or theft and such blocked charging key cannot be reactivated. You will however be able to place an order for a new charging key with Plugsurfing, according to the then applicable terms and conditions.
Plugsurfing is liable for deliberate or negligent violations of life, body or health, as well as for other damages, insofar as they result from a violation of essential contractual obligations, or from deliberate or grossly negligent actions by Plugsurfing, its legal representatives or its vicarious agents. In the case of a slightly negligent violation of an essential contractual obligation, Plugsurfing is liable for the foreseeable damage, which will typically arise under this type of contract. Essential contractual obligations are obligations, whose fulfilment will enable the due performance under the contract or on whose fulfilment you relied and could reasonably rely. Plugsurfing shall not be liable for any other damages. The mandatory liability under the applicable legislation regarding product liability remains untouched.
9. Force Majeure
Plugsurfing is not liable hereunder to you for any delay or non-performance of its obligations in the event such delay or non-performance is due to official action, change in law, war, sabotage, failure or delay in delivery, irregularities in the supply of electricity, telephone connections or other traffic and communications connections and transportation, strike, boycott, pandemic, epidemic or other similar circumstances beyond the control of Plugsurfing. The aforementioned also applies if Plugsurfing is the subject of a strike, boycott and/or blockade.
The termination does not affect existing claims with respect to the charging processes that have previously taken place.
For further information regarding the termination, please check our Cancellation Policy.
(a) Plugsurfing has made the offer to you in text form and no later than two (2) months before the proposed effective date of the amendment;
(b) the proposed amendments neither affect the material contractual obligations, including type and scope of the contractually agreed obligations, such as goods to be delivered, services to be provided and applicable prices, nor the term of the agreement (including the provisions on termination); and
(c) the proposed amendments are necessary to:
(3) Plugsurfing shall, together with the offer of the amendment under paragraph (2), explicitly draw your attention to your right to reject the proposed amendment and to the implications of your failure to reject the proposed amendment before the proposed date of effectiveness. If Plugsurfing fails to do so, the offered amendment will not enter into force, unless you explicitly consents.
12. Ordering of Charging Key
(1) Plugsurfing may offer the ordering of charging keys through the Service. The price for the charging key, the payment formalities and estimated delivery times will be shown to you during the ordering process.
13. Data Protection
(1) Plugsurfing or commissioned service providers collect, process and use data pertaining to you for the implementation of the contractual relationship pursuant to the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) and other applicable national data protection legislation.
(2) Unique identification number that is used to identify you, personal details and transactional details may be transferred to the operator of the charging station for the purpose of activating the charging stations, solving potential issues regarding the charging service and invoicing. Personal details, contact details and transactional details may also be transferred to the partners of Plugsurfing for the purpose of invoicing and customer service.
(4) Plugsurfing may use non-personal data collected in the provision of the Service in order to (i) improve the Service and its other products and services, and (ii) share statistical information with its cooperation partners.
14. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
(2) Plugsurfing is not willing and not obliged to participate in dispute resolution proceedings before consumer arbitration bodies within the meaning of the German Consumer Dispute Resolution Act.
(3) You have the following additional out-of-court options: At http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/, the European Commission has set up a European Online Dispute Settlement Platform (OS Platform). Consumers can use the OS Platform for the out-of-court settlement of a dispute resulting from online contracts entered into with an enterprise registered in the EU.